Steps forward - it all happens through your phone!

Well seems that it's really the phone era and with every second I actually believe there is no doubt about it.

Some time ago we were simply amazed that we could text one another, then simply flabbergasted that we could send a photo via mms - now nothing seems special anymore as everything is happening through our phones.

In the past days I actually tried an app called twonky beam. It's a simple app which enables you to watch movies from YouTube, Vimeo and other online video channels on your tv via your tv netbox. I found myself, with my girlfriend stuck on the sofa for an hour watching YouTube clips we had already watched, but which we thought looked really cool on a 42 inch screen.

And that is just one of the many things we can do with our phones and many a time simply take for-granted. Like writing this blog for instance! It wasn't done on a pc but on an iPhone and surely this I couldn't do with my Nokia 5100 or whatever it was - with it's green light screen and dodgy ringtones. (Mind you those phones were tough! Try slamming an iPhone down 2 flights of stairs and see what happens!).

But anyway - progress is in the hands of the phone and as its already showing we will soon be able to control our lights at home, put on the washing machine, start up the oven etc with a tap and a slide. I just hope our kids won't start calling a phone or a tablet mum and dad!!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments